Recently I’ve gone gluten free, not by choice bread is amazing, due to some serious reactions and not-so-fun face hives – seriously I get FACE HIVES. The pain of not eating delicious French bread aside I am trying to embrace and accommodate my new found allergy.
In the summer one of my favourite things to eat, aside from BBQ, are pasta salads they are refreshing and delicious and a fantastic meal or side depending on your mood and where you are. But pasta salads are chock-a-bock full of gluten so at first I thought that meant they were off limits to me. Enter Tinkyada Pasta Joy a DELICIOUS gluten free brown rice pasta. So with a tasty and Shannon friendly pasta option in hand I decided that I could make up a pretty decent salad recipe on the fly, because I’m awesome and I can do things.
So if you’re gluten free, or you like yummy things, give this recipe a try.
- 1 Package Pasta Joy Brown Rice Penne
- 1 Whole lemon
- 1/2 Cup of olive oil (this is not scientific I’ve been making salad dressings forever I eyeball that shit)
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- Freshly ground pepper, sea salt and chilli powder to taste.
- Flat leaf parsley (about a handful)
- 3 baby cucumbers (babies taste better)
- 1/2 Cup of feta cheese (I use the light stuff)
- Boil your pasta as per the descriptions on the bag and to your desired firmness.
- While the pasta cooks, in a large bowl whisk olive oil, juice of 1 whole lemon, garlic, sea salt, ground pepper and chilli powder.
- Chop a small handful of parsley and toss that in the bowl.
- Cut up those baby cucumbers and put them in the bowl. Set aside.
- When your pasta is all done, strain it and run cold water on it for about 3 minutes.
- Toss your now cold pasta in the mixture we set aside earlier.
- Add about 1/2 of a cup of feta, or more you can totally add more.
- Your salad is now ready for noming.
It’s a simple recipe but I love it, it’s totally gluten free and it makes enough servings that I can take it with me to work for a couple days after I have it for dinner.
Give it a shot and let me know what you think!